We appreciate that online security is one of your biggest concerns. That’s why we’re committed to using the highest security standards to protect your data from unauthorised access.
Do you store my payment details?
No. Once your order has been placed and paid for by PayPal we can no longer access this information. This is to provide maximum security for our customers. When do you record and process personal data? Your address is stored in our system to ensure your orders are handled quickly and without any problems. We use the data you provide us is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Distance Selling Regulations. We use your address solely to provide you with information about products and services as well as for market research, tracking of sales data, and in order to contact you or send you publications. By submitting your data to us you agree to our storage and use of the data. In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information are: Type of Internet Browser you are using, type of computer operating system you are using and/or the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site or advertisement. We do not forward your address to third parties without your explicit permission.
Why do you need my personal data?
The personal data we collect enables us to be certain that we always identify each customer correctly. As part of our stringent measures to prevent identity fraud, we even collect date of birth as an additional safeguard.
How can I change my order and personal data?
You can always change your order by entering your shopping basket at the top centre of every page. Here you can add or delete products and enter promotional codes, etc. You can also change your address when logging in and specify a different delivery address during the order process.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
• Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
• Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
• Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets, cannot be provided.
• Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
• Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
• Targeting cookies: These cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as ‘Like’ buttons and ‘Share’ buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website. We use ‘Targeting’ cookies to…l ink to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites. Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services. Third parties manage all of these cookies, and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
Using browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.